How to Benefit
Are you the next country to benefit from a partnership with ICARS?
We are looking for low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) committed to mitigating antimicrobial resistance and willing to show leadership by developing a demonstration project in partnership with ICARS. Through such a project, your country will receive support in identifying and implementing a solution to a specific antimicrobial resistance challenge that your country seeks to solve. Doing so, you will contribute to the development of the ICARS concept and to ensure that ICARS responds to the needs of low- and middle-income countries.
See examples of ICARS partnerships with:
Countries requesting support from ICARS are equal partners and collaborators on ICARS projects. To enable active participation now and in the future, when appropriate, financial support is provided to support capacity and capabilities in countries.
The countries eligible to receive support are those on the DAC (OECD Development Assistance Committee) list of ODA recipients.
We ask countries to provide an Expression of Interest (from the Government to ICARS, usually from one or more ministries) to partner in defining the agenda and the capacity development needed to accompany an intervention or particular solution.
Potential LMIC partners go through the following process:
When considering activities and engagement, ICARS will take into account:
- Political, policy and technical engagement at all levels including willingness to uptake and sustain identified value adding solutions
- Evidence from the government that they wish to address antimicrobial resistance through a One Health approach
- Existing human resources and research infrastructure to co-execute the research projects
- Alignment with other global and national initiatives.
Find more information about how ICARS works on national level.
See below the framework for ICARS’ demonstration projects and the associated guidelines and templates corresponding to each phase of the application process. They are listed here for transparency reasons. Please do not fill them in before getting in touch with ICARS. If you are interested in developing a demonstration project with ICARS, please contact us to first discuss and scope the potential collaboration prior to developing and submitting an Expression of Interest.
- "Framework for ICARS' Demonstration Projects"
- Appendix 0.1 – Tasks and Responsibilities of the Project Coordinator and the Lead Researcher
- Appendix 1.0 – Guide for the Expression of Interest and the Concept Note
- Appendix 1.1 – Expression of Interest Template
- Appendix 1.2 – Concept Note Template
- Appendix 2.0 – Guideline for the Project Proposal
- Appendix 2.1 - Project Proposal Template
- Appendix 2.2 – Log Frame Template
- Appendix 2.3 – Budget Template
- Appendix 2.4 – Template for CVs of the Project Coordinator and Key Researchers
- Appendix 3.0 – Guideline for Project Administration
- Appendix 3.1 – Partnership Agreement
- Appendix 3.2 – Audit Instructions
- Appendix 3.3 – Grant Letter Template